A full restoration of a 144 year old Grade II Listed Building to incorporate mixed-use office, boat building and education functions. Originally constructed in 1862 as a grain store, the building was taken over by Bridon Ropes in the twentieth century.
Poynton Bradbury Wynter Cole Architects were commissioned to repair and convert the building to form a skills centre for Marine South West on the ground and first floors as well as create office space on the second and third floors.
The existing killas rubble stone walls have been cleaned and repointed in lime mortar, timber windows carefully repaired and new elements sensitively added to the loading bay openings.
PBWC led sensitive negotiations with both Carrick District Council Planning and Conservation Officers as well English Heritage to produce a scheme which met all parties’ needs and requirements.